Wednesday, February 16, 2011

YOJ11 Week 7 - For my friend

This week I represent my piece I made for my friend in UK.  She is a wonderful woman, clever and full of surprise. She an excellent motivator, good at starting things, and helping other people find solutions to problems. Hope our friendship will be last forever.

The pendant consists of 1 Spinel Cab and 2 Spinel beads. The idea was making netted cabochon pendant. Spinel cab is simple elegant, I didn't think to put too much wire on it. Time flows, my hands kept on wrapping and coiling. In the end I had 2 pieces! oh wow...  A netted cab with spinel bead on the bail and a half round wrapped spinel bead.  I took 2cm wire, made 2 loops in each end. Bent it to soft U, slipped into the bail.  With jump rings, the small wrapped bead hangs good to the bail.
Sorry for the bad pic. Not easy to take pic in front of mirror ;-)
Dear friend, this is your Xmas gift. I know it is late, hope you'll take it and like it. A belated Merry Christmas!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment