Wednesday, February 9, 2011

YOJ11 Week 6 - Leaf (Blatt)

Learn how to handle Art Clay Silver. Gorgeous silver I can make in a day. Etc etc etc... that are my sweet dream about ACS. And now... I made my first pendant!!!!!
It has a name. Far From Perfect, But I'm Proud Of It. Long name but gives you one shot about how I feel. As you see, there are many cracks, the alongside are not similar, the hole for jump ring is too small. It is really really bad quality silver leaf ;-)  It is good so, that I learned how to put the lump clay into mold, how to avoid any crack, need more time at refine dry clay. In the next making time, I'll try to catch the process in my camera, so I can show you how fun it is. Only has to wait til my next package comes over the sea *-*

But hey... look at this necklace! My attempt for turning out the poor Leaf to a Pretty Leaf On the Flower. All the way, it is my first piece and I would love to use it :o)  A friend gave a suggestion to change the crossed wire in front to a nice curly wire on the edges. Sounds good.... thanks. I'll give a go.

Oh almost forget, the theme this week is Amore. I guess I felt in love with art clay silver... or? Let time tells.

xx Dian

2 comments:

  1. dear dian,
    i love your leaf... i'm sure with some practice you can make a perfect one... keep up the good work !!

    ReplyDelete